LEGACY FUND NEWS -
As one of just a few local charities aimed at inspiring young people through sport and music, we raise money through donations and sponsored events, such as cricket, cycling, swimming, music and running.
Over the last two years the Fund has awarded £45,825 to 16 local charitable organisations plus a further £1,300 to the Portishead Pool Community Trust who donate their services and use of the Portishead Open Air Pool for our flagship ‘Longest Swim’ event each June.
When we opened our grants application process towards the end of last year, it was again, massively oversubscribed, which just goes to show there are a lot of young people who need our help.
In December we notified the successful applicants below, that they had been successful
in being awarded a grant from the Legacy Fund -
2014 GRANT AWARDS:
– Circa 50 children & young people will benefit from
– Meeting costs of sports instructor, youth worker, volunteer expenses, equipment, publicity & some overheads to provide new set of weekly sport & activity sessions for youth café users.
– Funding a twilight club for disadvantaged young people currently on the fringes of mainstream society. They will be encouraged to progress as mentors and inspire other young people in similar circumstances.
– Support towards a long-
– Cover cost of running a set of 33 father & son football sessions in 2015 in Old Down, with particular focus on disadvantaged communities.
– Funding towards running costs to sustain & develop the young people music project that the Legacy Fund has been supporting since last year.